I am quite chuffed to have been nominated the One Lovely Blog Award by Mess in the Ness. I regularly forget that people actually read my blog, particularly people I know, and it’s really nice that my blog is considered lovely! So, thank you!
The rules are that if you are nominated you thank your nominee, post the picture, write 7 facts about yourself and then nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers to continue it.
Here are the 7 facts:
1. I am quite indecisive, especially when I have my hair cut. And yet it seems that whatever I ask for just ends up as a slightly shorter version of what I had to start with.
2. For my whole life I had a weird phobia of belly buttons, until our son’s umbilical cord fell off. I was so freaked out before he was born knowing that his umbilical cord would still be attached to him for about a week. I survived the ordeal and it cured me of all my phobia belly button phobias.
3. When I was at primary school I brought home the class hamster to look after for a weekend. It came with a plastic ball to run in which I promptly dropped onto the tiled floor of our conservatory and it broke. Thankfully we managed to purchase another before it had to be returned.
4. I’m boring and go to bed early because I need to sleep. But I also love sleep. I’m a bit like the dolls whose eyes close when you lie them down – once my head hits the pillow I’m out like a light.
5. I’m the kind of person who gets interested in something but it doesn’t last, either because I don’t have a strong enough desire to improve or because I get bored. Beading, sewing, swimming, playing instruments, to name a few. Some things I’ll go back to but it still doesn’t last long. This means that I am amazed when I think that I have stuck to something for nearly 3 months, namely going sugar free, and trying new recipes for it all the time.
6. At university I fed my housemates vegetable pasta bake nearly every time I cooked. They taught me a lot in the two years we lived together about how to make other things. Every-cereal-in-the-kitchen breakfasts. Chocolate toasties. Pasta and fish fingers. As well as ‘real’ food like tagine and couscous!
7. I would love to be able to take better photos for my blog, and remember to take them. I just use my phone with no Instagram because I don’t want the photos to look the same as everyone else’s, but it would be nice if I could make them look half decent. Part of the problem is if I remember to take a photo of food then it is taken quickly because the food is about to be eaten!
Wow, it’s hard to think of 7 things that might be remotely interesting!
Corinne from Rinroad Writes
Alison from cookingfanatic
Ella from lick + spoon
Laura from itsariotgrrrl